About Big Sky
Big Sky is one of Australia’s largest credit unions that affordable financial services. Their aim is to serve customers across regional, metropolitan and remote Australia and they have been doing so for more than 40 years.
From Accounts to Loans
Big Sky has some really competitive and comprehensive range of services and products. Their products and services range from insurance to banking and money advice.
Profits are Reinvested
The organization returns profits to all of members by offering attentive services and competitive rates. Big Sky has been one of the best alternatives to large banks for many years and continues to grow and offer outstanding value and great customer service.
The Same Principals Apply
Although they also have a large range of competitive services and financial products that operate under the exact same regulations as banks as well as having the same guarantees when it comes to saving and investment products.
Not the same as other banks
Even though Big Sky is a great alternative to large banks they are not beholden to pay shareholders. They are not conflicted at any time when it comes to their dealings with customers because the difference is extremely crucial to Big Sky.
What Big Sky can offer you
The approach of Big Sky is simple. They always aim to help their customers to meet all their financial needs during the course of their lives ranging from the financial literacy in childhood straight through to retirement.
Some of the personal banking products offered by Big Sky include:
- Everyday Transaction Accounts
- Investment Accounts such as eKids, Net Invest, Golden Saver and Term Deposits
- EFTPOS, Visa Debit Cards, Credit Cards and rediCARD
- General Insurance
- A range of loans
- Transfers, Foreign Currency or Cards
Something for Everyone
Big Sky has a range of products suited for all walks of life that are able to be used every day. Big Sky always tries to understand their clients and help them grow in their wealth.
When choosing to work with one of the Financial Advisors at Big Sky you can be sure to receive only the best and sound advice that is appropriate for your situation and financial needs.
Credit Card Products
Big Sky offers a low rate credit card and a rewards credit card which offer Big Sky Cash Rewards. Both cards offer 45 days interest free purchases after which their ongoing interest rate will apply. They also charge a fixed interest rate for balance transfers, purchases and cash advances.
In a Nutshell
- Available cards
- Visa Credit Card with Cash Rewards
- Visa Credit Card with Low Rate
- Big Sky Cash Rewards
- Interest ranges From 13.58% to 18.99%
- Interest-free purchase periods 45 days
- Annual fee ranges $29 to $49 per annum
- Average processing time 2 working days
- Online application
- In-store application
High Value Credit Cards with Uniform Rates
Applying for a credit card is simple and easy provided you have all the relevant documentation and information.
You can easily apply for a credit card online via an online loan application or you can download the forms and mail it to the office handling the applications.
How do I Qualify?
- Need to be 18 years or older
- Have an income
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Be able to prove all income and expenditure
- Be financially secure to make repayments
What information do I need?
- Proof of Income
- All personal information
- Personal Information such as expenditure, savings and fixed term deposits
- Proof of employer such as address and contact details
- All assets such as vehicles, other personal loans and properties
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
- Proof of residence
Once you have all the information and documents needed to apply for your chosen credit card you need to fill in the forms. Once completed you just need to apply online or send the documents via post, email or fax and Big Sky will typically get back to you in 2 working days.
Eligibility & Requirements
Other Products & Services
- 114 Albert Road, South Melbourne, South Melbourne, VIC , 3205, Australia
- GPO Box 1801, Melbourne, 3001, Australia
- Monday 08:30 – 17:30
- Tuesday 08:30 – 17:30
- Wednesday 08:30 – 17:30
- Thursday 08:30 – 17:30
- Friday 08:30 – 17:30
- Saturday Closed –
- Sunday Closed –