About American Express
American Express is one of the world’s most widely recognized and valuable brands with over 167 years of dedicated service and superior rewards behind them.
Unlike so many other issuers who come and go – Amex has serious staying power. In addition to some of the most sought after rewards on the planet American Express is also known for its world class service.
A Powerful Infrastructure
American express is the only credit card company that processes its own transactions via their own independent system.
All other credit card providers have to partner with either Visa or MasterCard – which are independent credit card processing companies.
Whether you travel or not an American Express credit card can serve you equally well both nationally within Australia and internationally in just about every country on earth.
In Touch and Up to Date
American Express is a company that is known to stay ahead of the competition when it comes to innovation and exclusivity. Now you can use your AMEX card with Apple, Samsung and Android Pay!
What American Express can offer you
AMEX is an international brand that offers a range of credit cards for individuals, businesses and corporate institutions. These credit cards are recognized for their superior rewards, schemes and privileges.
Check if you qualify
- You must be over 18
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You must have a good credit history
- You must have a regular income exceeding the minimum required for the particular product you’re applying for
When applying for your chosen card you will need to have the following:
- Your driver’s licence – something that proves your identity
- Personal information such as your address if you have lived there for more than 5 years otherwise previous addresses will also be necessary
- Email address, mobile and or landline numbers that are in working order
- Financial information including your annual and monthly income, expenditure for monthly expenditures and employment details (work address and contact information)
- Details of any other credit cards you may have
- Details of loans, if you have any
In a Nutshell
- Available cards
- The American Express Explorer Card
- The American Express Essential Credit Card
- The American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card
- The American Express Platinum Card
- The Qantas American Express Discovery Card
- The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- The Qantas American Express Premium Card
- The American Express Velocity Escape Card
- The American Express Velocity Platinum Card
- The David Jones American Express Card
- The David Jones American Express Platinum Card
- The Low Rate Credit Card from American Express
- Membership Rewards
- Qantas Points
- Velocity Points
- Travel benefits
- Lounge Access
- Travel Insurance
- Interest ranges From 14.99% per annum on purchases
- Interest-free purchase periods Up to 12 months
- Interest-free balance transfer periods Up to 12 months
- Annual fee ranges From $0 to $1,200 per annum
- Average processing time 2 to 4 weeks for new cards
- Online application
- In-store application
Become Part of One of the World’s most Valuable Brands!
If you have all the above at your disposal the online loan application for your chosen card will be a lot smoother. Simply read the terms and conditions of your chosen card and click the ‘Apply Now’ button to start the process.
What is a Credit Assessment?
This is the process taken by American Express to make sure that the person who applies will be able to follow through with their obligations set out by the Credit Card Contract.
The requirements are:
- Are you able to repay?
- Do you have any financial responsibility?
- The chances of you not paying back debt
- What your credit history looks like
Even though your credit history is protected under the Privacy Act, companies are able to access it to check your credit history.
Your credit history has a summary of all the credit you have applied for and how the type of payer you are as well as if there are any outstanding debt on your name.
Apply in just 10 Minutes
If you pass the credit check your application will be processed by AMEX in less than 10 minutes and you should receive a response within 60 seconds.
Eligibility & Requirements
Other Products & Services
- Personal Cards
- Credit Cards
- Small Business Cards
- Corporate Cards
- Prepaid Travel Card
- Supplementary Cards
- More Products & Services